Emergency O2 Provider
The PADI Emergency O2 Provider Course is designed to educate the general diving (and qualified non diving) public to recognize possible dive-related injuries and provide emergency oxygen first aid while activating the local emergency medical services (EMS) and/or arranging for evacuation to the nearest available medical facility.
- Participants of all ages are welcome to attend this course
- No previous scuba certification is necessary
- Recognizing diving illnesses treatable by emergency oxygen
- Assembling and disassembling emergency oxygen equipment
- Deploying a non-rebreather mask and a demand inhalator valve on a breathing diver
- Using a pocket mask on a non-breathing diver
This course is approximately 2.5 to 3 hours of classroom training with a PADI certified instructor.
COURSE FEE: $50.00
- PADI Emergency O2 Provider Pack – $45.40
- PADI certification processing fee – $39.45
- Three hour course with a certified PADI instructor
- All equipment (emergency O2 unit, etc.) required for course
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during you term as a student
2017 EMERGENCY OXYGEN PROVIDER COURSE DATES: TBA
Any time a pressure related dive accident or near-drowning is suspected, 100% oxygen should be given following the primary assessment. In this course you will learn how to properly provide emergency oxygen first aid.