The PADI Night Diver course is designed to introduce you to night diving and help one develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to participate in night diving activities.
* 12 years of age or older.
* PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent.
* Home study and viewing of PADI video cassette and Night Diver manual.
* 3 open water dives or 2 open water dives if you are PADI Advanced Open Water certified.
* Review and briefing at open water dive site.
Topics covered will include:
* Planning, organization and hazards of night diving.
* Buoyancy control, navigation and communication.
* Use of dive light and buddy-system.
* Disorientation and emergency procedures.
* Orientation to nocturnal aquatic life.
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Three open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Night Diver Specialty course. Open waters are available at the Blue Hole, Homestead Crater, or locally at the Aurora Reservoir – see schedule.
COURSE FEE: $150.00
*A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is due at sign-up
* Briefing and review of course at open water dive site.
* Three open water dives with a certified PADI instructor.
* Tanks, weights, and weight belts for the open water dives.
* 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items and equipment rentals excluded).
* Night Diving video and manual pak – $64.10
* Diving gear for the open water dives – BCD, regulator, wet suit, etc…but may be rented during the course.
* Transportation, meals, and accommodations for the open water dives.
* 3 Cyalume Chemical Lite Sticks or LazerStik Light.
* Underwater Dive Lite.
* PADI certification fee of $35.00 to process your C-Card plus one passport size photo taken at the completion of the end of the course.