Peak Performance Buoyancy
BUOYANCY CONTROL…it’s what separates good divers from great divers. Whether you’re recently certified or have been diving for years, mastering buoyancy control should be a goal you strive for at any level. This class is your guide to; diving that is more effortless and fun, extending your bottom time by reducing air consumption, having more opportunities for positive interaction with marine life, helping preserve delicate underwater environments and prolonging the life of your gear.
- 10 years of age or older
- PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Home viewing of PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy video cassette
- 2 hours of pool work with an instructor (Scheduled privately as needed)
- 2 open water dives (required for certification)
- Review and briefing at open water dive site
Topics covered will include:
- Assembly of weight system (including estimating the amount of weight needed)
- Conducting a buoyancy check
- Establishing and fine-tuning neutral buoyancy descent
- Hovering above the bottom for one minute without hand or fin movement
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Peak Performancy Specialty Course. Open water dives are available at Homestead Crater or locally – See Schedule.
COURSE FEE: $100.00 per person for certification/$50.00 Clinic Only
- 2 hours of pool work with an instructor (Scheduled on an as-needed basis; please inquire)
- 2 open water dives with a certified PADI instructor. (Full certification course only)
- Tanks and weights for the open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items and equipment rentals excluded).
- Peak Performance video $37.60
- Diving gear for the open water dives—BCD, regulator, wet suit, etc. (but may be rented during the course)
- Transportation, meals, and accommodations for the open water dives
- PADI certification fee of $39.45