The PADI Underwater Naturalist course is designed to introduce you to the underwater aquatic environment and help develop safe and responsible interaction with aquatic life. Underwater Phantaseas’ outstanding slide show, lecture sessions, and open water training dives will teach you more about the diving environment while achieving the Underwater Naturalist Specialty rating.
* 12 years of age or older
* PADI Open Water or Junior Open Water certificatiion or equivalent
* 1 classroom session approximately 4 hours in length
* 2 open water dives or 1 open water dive if student has completed 1 Underwater Naturalist elective dive during his/her Advanced Open Water certification
We will spend approximately 4 hours with an outstanding slide show and lecture series discussing:
* A basic overview of major aquatic life groupings
* Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life
* An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations
* Diver responsibility
* Techniques used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI
Underwater Naturalist Specialty rating.
COURSE FEE: $100.00
* Outstanding slide show and lecture session, approximately 4 hours in length.
* Two open water dives with a certified PADI Instructor.
* Tanks, weights and weight belts for open water dives.
* 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course
materials, sale items and equipment rentals excluded).
* Diving gear for the open water dives – BCD, regulator, wet suit, etc. (but may be rented
during the course)
* Transportation, meals, and accommodations for the open water dives
* Reef fish identification book
* PADI certification fee of $39.45
Join us for the Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course at Underwater Phantaseas and learn more about safe interaction with the underwater aquatic