The PADI Underwater Navigator course is designed to introduce you to underwater navigation using natural navigational methods and navigation with the aid of a compass.
* PADI Open Water or Junior Open Water certification or equivalent
* Home study viewing of PADI video and navigation manual
* 4 open water dives or 3 open water dives if student is PADI Advanced Open Water certified
* Reviews and briefing at open water dive site
Topics covered will include:
* Simple and complex navigational courses and patterns using natural and compass methods
* Proper use of a compass
* Timing navigational patterns using air consumption, time, and kick cycles
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Underwater Navigator course. Open waters are available at the Homestead Crater, Blue Hole or locally at the Aurora Reservoir – see schedule.
COURSE FEE: $100.00
* Briefing and review of course at open water dive site
* Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor
* Tanks, weights, and weight belts for open water dives
* 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials,
sale items, and equipment rentals excluded)
* Underwater Navigation video and manual – $73.65
* Diving gear for the open water dives – BCD, regulator, wet suit, etc. (but may be rented during the course)
* Transportation, meals, and accommodations for the open water dives
* PADI certification fee of – $39.45
It is very easy to become disoriented and misdirected underneath the surface due to a lack of the
directional landmarks we are accustom to on land. The PADI Underwater Navigator course will help
eliminate those long surface swims back to your exit point and teach you skills you’ll use on every dive. Come join us, it’s educational and a lot of fun.