Some of the most spectacular marine life and colorful reef are location within 20 feet of the surface. This is the reason why millions of people snorkel while on a tropical vacation. Colorful coral, sea fans, sponges, turtles and a variety of fish are all within the snorkelers realm. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing.
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older
The course is approximately 2 hours long including a short orientation in the classroom followed by a pool snorkeling experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
The proper techniques involved with snorkeling in the safety and comfort of our heated indoor pool. You will learn how to:
- Properly fit, wear, and clear your mask
- Clear your snorkel using both the blast & displacement method
- Properly fit and use your fins for maximum propulsion with minimum effort
- Use airway control to avoid choking and swallowing water
- Use of a snorkeling vest for flotation and safety
- Perform a proper tuck dive to get down for a closer look at the reef
- Equalize the pressure on your ears and relieve the discomfort and pain when diving
- Safe tips on how to stay under longer and deeper
- Two hour course with PADI Instructor
- All equipment necessary
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
COURSE FEE: $20.00
2016 SNORKEL COURSE DATES: (3:30PM – 5:30PM)
2107 SNORKEL COURSE DATES: (3:30PM – 5:30PM)
It’s fun, easy and will make your snorkeling trip a more pleasurable and rewarding experience!