Join Us For the 15th Annual Lake Turquoise Weekend Getaway
August 4th & 5th, 2012
Lake Turquoise, located 10 minutes outside of Leadville, CO is a large reservoir (over 3 miles long and 1 1/2 miles wide) that is about a 2 hour drive from Lakewood. Located at 9,800 feet, it’s one of the clearest reservoirs in the state and, by August, water temperatures will be in the low 60’s. The lake has a number of excellent campsites with hiking trails, fishing, biking, and of course, scuba diving. There will be an underwater clean-up and treasure hunt. This is a great time to meet other local divers during a quick, local, and inexpensive weekend dive getaway! Diving Lake Turquoise is only half the fun of this annual event!
DATES: 2 nights, arriving Friday, August 3rd, departing Sunday, August 5th, 2012
CAMPSITES: We’ve booked beautiful campsites for the 2 night stay. If you wish, there are also motel accommodations in Leadville which you may book on your own.
COST: Diver: $69.00/per person Non-diver: $49.00/per person
* 2 nights at the campsite
* Full-Course BBQ dinner Saturday night
* One tank and weight belt for treasure hunt/clean-up dive
* Chance to win prizes in the clean-up and treasure hunt
* Tent or camper trailer (space is limited and cannot be guaranteed for trailers and motorhomes)
* Meals and beverages (other than Saturday night)
* Rental gear (other than tanks and weight)
*Please Note: Camping space is on a first come, first served basis so book early as we are limited on sites! Come join us for a fun-filled weekend getaway with food, diving, campfires, and fun!