TWIN LAKES - LAKE COUNTY, COLORADO
20th Annual Scuba & Camping Weekend Getaway!
August 3rd - 5th, 2018
Twin Lakes, located 25 minutes outside of Leadville, CO, are the state's largest natural glacial lakes (2,805 acres). Located at 9,500 feet with views to Mt. Elbert, this location offers spectacular mountain scenery. By August, water temperatures will be in the low 60's, with great visibility and a max depth of 70 feet. The lake has a number of excellent campsites with hiking trails, fishing, biking, and of course, scuba diving. We will host an underwater clean-up and treasure hunt dive, with a chance to win prizes! This is a great time to meet other local divers during a quick, local, and inexpensive weekend dive getaway. Diving Twin Lakes is only half the fun of this annual event!
- 2 nights at the campsite*
- Full course BBQ dinner Saturday
- 1 tank, weights and 7mm wetsuit
- 1 lake clean-up/treasure hunt dive
- Chance to win prizes!
- Group escort: Kevin R.
- Meals and beverages (except for Saturday night)
- Rental equipment (other than one tank, weights and 7mm wetsuit)
- Transportation to and from the event
- Tent or camper trailer
- Dive insurance·
*Camping space is on a first come/first served basis, so book early, as we are limited on sites! Space is not guaranteed for campers, trailers or motorhomes. $69/per person non-refundable deposit is required to register.