INDONESIA - PINDITO LIVEABOARD
April 15th to 26th, 2019
The Pindito is offering the
first "mini" Biodiversity cruise. This 11 nights cruise starts in
Ambon and ends in Maumere. We will be diving around all of Southern Indonesia’s
famous areas from Flores, Alor, East Timor to the Banda Sea. If those
destinations aren’t enough imagin ending your trip in the most divirse diving
area of them all : Raja Ampat. The cruise travels along different evolutionary
lineages and major migration routes of large mammals such as whales and
dolphins, this trip guarantees diversity and variety above and below water.
The Banda Sea, with its spice islands played an important role in history in
the 15th to the 17th Century. For centuries the indigenous people traded with
nutmeg and thus came into the focus of the Europeans, because this special
seasoning was found only on these islands. The is-lands were first colonized by
the Portuguese before the Dutch took over the colony in fierce fighting.
Meanwhile, the islands are again vis-ited by sailors, fishermen and divers,
especially due to the extraordinary world of fish. Because many remains of the
colonies are still visible, this area is especially exciting to visit. There
will be opportunities to explore these amazing islands along the cruise.
Our home for these 11 exciting nights in the heart of the ocean’s most bioodiverse area will be the luxurious Pindito. This 8 cabin ves-sel has been at home in the Indonesian waters since 1992, but underwent a major facelift in 2006 that ended with the addition of a camera room, sundeck, and full renovated cabins and lounge. Since then additional renovations have occurred keeping the boat classy, clean and the perfect host for cruising these amazing waters.
If you have ever wanted to see all the best Indonesia has to offer, join us on this trip!
Deluxe Cabin: $5165* / per person
(*airfare not included in price, see below for details)
- 11 nights aboard the Pindito
- Break, lunch, dinner & snacks, daily
- Beverages including soft drink, juices and local beer
- 3 dives per day & 1 dawn or night dive
- Tanks, weights & weight belt
- Group escort: Derek P.
- International Airfare - anticipated route: Denver-Japan-Jakarta (overnight Jakarta) to Ambon / Sorong to Jakarta (overnight Jakarta) to Japan to Denver
- Approx airfare for all international and internal flights = $2250 per person (*airfare based on current airfare prices; subject to change)
- Alcoholic beverages except local beer
- Park fee ($120 /per person, payable on-board)
- Crew gratuities
- Personal dive equipment
- Dive insurance (REQUIRED!) & travel insurance·
*Note: Airline taxes and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. $500/per person non-refundable deposit is required to register.