TURQUOISE LAKE - LEADVILLE, COLORADO
21st Annual Scuba & Camping Weekend Getaway!
August 16th - 18th, 2019
Turquoise Lake, located 10 minutes outside of Leadville, CO is a large reservoir (over 3 miles long and 1 1/2 miles wide) that is about a 2 hour drive from Lakewood. Located at 9,800 feet, it’s one of the clearest reservoirs in the state and, by August, water temperatures will be in the low 60’s. The lake has a number of excellent campsites with hiking trails, fishing, biking, and of course, scuba diving. There will be an underwater clean-up and treasure hunt. This is a great time to meet other local divers during a quick, local, and inexpensive weekend dive getaway! Diving Lake Turquoise is only half the fun of this annual event!
- 2 nights at the campsite*
- Full course BBQ dinner Saturday
- 1 tank, weights and 7mm wetsuit
- 1 lake clean-up/treasure hunt dive
- Chance to win prizes!
- Group escort: Kevin R.
- Meals and beverages (except for Saturday night)
- Rental equipment (other than one tank, weights and 7mm wetsuit)
- Transportation to and from the event
- Tent or camper trailer etc.
- Dive insurance
*Camping space is on a first come/first served basis, so book early, as we are limited on sites! Space is not guaranteed for campers, trailers or motor homes. $49 or $69/per person non-refundable deposit is required to register.