CORAL REEF CONSERVATION
Everyone likes to scuba dive or snorkel in warm, clear water on a vibrant coral reef, yet many people know little about what they’re seeing or the importance of reef ecosystems. The AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats and teaches you how you can help conserve these vital systems.
- Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world can take this course. There are no prerequisites or age restrictions and no water sessions are required to earn these non-diving specialty certifications.
- How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef
- Why coral reefs are so important
- Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline
- How Project AWARE unites divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference
Two hour classroom session with a PADI certified instructor.
- The Coral Reef Conservation course references information in the digital manual (avalaible for free at projectAWARE.org)
- PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $25.00
- Two hour course with a certified PADI instructor
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during you term as a student
2018 CORAL REEF CONSERVATION DATES:
Coral Reef Conservation courses are booked on an as-needed basis. Please contact us to schedule a class and we will book you at your earliest convenience.
This course helps you appreciate the complexity of coral reef habitats and teaches how you can help conserve these vital systems.