DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHER
Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and with so many underwater cameras to choose from, it has become easier and more fun than ever to capture images of your underwater scuba adventures. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated dSLR like the pros.
- Participants must be 10 years of age or older
- PADI Open Water or Junior Open Water certification or equivalent
LEVEL ONE - Designed as an introductory to course skills and knowledge. Students learn how to prepare their underwater photo system and basic underwater photo techniques while diving in an environmentally friendly manner. Level One includes one classroom and one pool session.
Students will learn:
- Basic camera compnets
- Camera electronics
- Camera preparation
- Photography basics
- Equipment care, including housing and strobe
- Camera and strobe performance checks
- First aid for flooded cameras
- Packing your photo equipment for travel
LEVEL TWO - Expands what students need to know about file formats, resolution settings, getting good color, composing their photo, downloading photographs into their computer and adjusting them to look their best. Conducted as an Open Water Dive and Digital Photography Workflow Workshop and Photo Review. These dives may be conducted with instructor or on vacation.
Students will learn:
- Photo buoyancy
- Camera & strobe positioning
- Back scatter prevention
CLASSROOM & POOL SESSIONS:
This course is approximately 2.5 to 3 hours of classroom & pool training with a certified PADI instructor.
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Course.
- PADI Digital Underwater Photo Manual - $61.50
- PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $125.00
- Classroom and Pool Session
- Open Water Dive
- Digital Photography Workflow Workshop
- Photo Review Session
- Tanks and weights for optional open water dives
- Tanks, wetsuit, weights and weight belt for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student
- BCD, regulator, computer, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2019 DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE DATES:
Digital Underwater Photography courses are booked on an as-needed basis. Please contact us to schedule a class and we will book you at your earliest convenience.
2019 DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
The PADI Digital Underwater Photography specialty course is a two part introduction to digital underwater photography centered around today’s point-and-shoot digital cameras. The course helps student divers develop the knowledge, skills and practical techniques necessary to obtain excellent photographs with a digital camera, even on their first photo dive.