PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY
Buoyancy control is what separates good divers from great divers. Whether you’re recently certified or have been diving for years, mastering buoyancy control should be a goal you strive for at any level.
- Participants must be 10 years of age or older
- PADI Open Water or Junior Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Reading the PADI Peak Performance Manual and home viewing of PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy video
- 2 hours of pool work with an instructor (scheduled privately as needed)
- 2 open water dives (required for certification)
Two hours of pool time with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
- Assembly of weight system & proper weighting
- Conducting a buoyancy check
- Establishing and fine-tuning neutral buoyancy descent
- Hovering above the bottom for one minute without hand or fin movement
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
- Peak Performance Crew-Pak with manual & dvd - $79.30
- PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $100.00 OR $50.00 clinic only (no certification)
- Two hours of pool work with an instructor
- Two open water dives with a certified PADI instructor (Full certification course only)
- Tanks, wetsuit, weights and weight belt for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student
- BCD, regulator, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2018 PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY COURSE DATES:
PPB courses are booked on an as-needed basis. Please contact us to schedule a class and we will book you at your earliest convenience.
2018 PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 7th & 8th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 21st & 22nd||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 11th & 12th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 25th & 26th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 5th & 6th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 27th & 28th||Homestead Crater, UT||October 6th & 7th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 9th & 10th||Aurora Reservoir||November 10th & 11th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 23rd & 24th||Aurora Reservoir||December 8th & 9th||Homestead Crater, UT|
This class is your guide to; diving that is more effortless and fun, extending your bottom time by reducing air consumption, having more opportunities for positive interaction with marine life, helping preserve delicate underwater environments.