SEARCH & RECOVERY DIVER
The PADI Search and Recovery diver course is designed to introduce you to the skills, techniques and equipment required to safely search, find, and recover lost objects under the surface.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older
- Advanced certified -or- Open Water certified with Underwater Navigation certification
- Home study viewing PADI video and Search and Recovery manual
- 4 open water dives or 3 open water dives if student has completed the Search and Recovery dive during your Advanced Open Water certification
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of search and recovery diving.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for object location, including the use of various search patterns, lines, and reels.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for recovery of objects using various lifting techniques.
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Search and Recovery Diver course.
Search and Recovery Crew-Pak with manual & dvd - $87.20
PADI certification processing fee - $45.80
COURSE FEE: $100.00/person
- Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor
- Tanks, wetsuit, weights and weight belt for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student
- BCD, regulator, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2019 SEARCH & RECOVERY COURSE DATES:
**No classroom or pool sessions required**
2019 SEARCH & RECOVERY OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
If you have ever lost an object in the water, it can be a very difficult and frustrating experience trying to find it. This course will take the frustration out of locating and bringing these items to the surface & make you a more informed and competent diver.