SEARCH & RECOVERY DIVER
The PADI Search and Recovery diver course is designed to introduce you to the skills, techniques and equipment required to safely search, find, and recover lost objects under the surface.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older
- Advanced certified -or- Open Water certified with Underwater Navigation certification
- Home study viewing PADI video and Search and Recovery manual
- 4 open water dives or 3 open water dives if student has completed the Search and Recovery dive during your Advanced Open Water certification
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of search and recovery diving.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for object location, including the use of various search patterns, lines, and reels.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for recovery of objects using various lifting techniques.
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Search and Recovery Diver course.
Search and Recovery Crew-Pak with manual & dvd - $79.30
PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $100.00/person
- Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor
- Tanks, wetsuit, weights and weight belt for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student
- BCD, regulator, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2018 SEARCH & RECOVERY COURSE DATES:
**No classroom or pool sessions required**
2018 SEARCH & RECOVERY OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 7th & 8th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 21st & 22nd||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 11th & 12th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 25th & 26th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 5th & 6th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 27th & 28th||Homestead Crater, UT||October 6th & 7th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 9th & 10th||Aurora Reservoir||November 10th & 11th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 23rd & 24th||Aurora Reservoir||December 8th & 9th||Homestead Crater, UT|
If you have ever lost an object in the water, it can be a very difficult and frustrating experience trying to find it. This course will take the frustration out of locating and bringing these items to the surface & make you a more informed and competent diver.