The PADI Underwater Navigator course is designed to introduce you to underwater navigation using natural navigational methods and navigation with the aid of a compass.
- Participants must be 10 years of age or older
- PADI Open Water or Junior Open Water certification or equivalent
- Home study viewing of PADI video and navigation manual.
- 4 open water dives or 3 open water dives if student is PADI Advanced Open Water certified.
- Reviews and briefing at open water dive site.
- Simple and complex navigational courses, patterns using natural and compass methods.
- Proper use of a compass.
- Timing navigational patterns using air consumption, time, and kick cycles.
OPEN WATER DIVING:
Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor are required to complete the PADI Underwater Navigator course.
- Underwater Navigation Crew-Pak with manual & dvd - $79.30
- PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $100.00
- Four open water dives with a certified PADI instructor
- Tanks, wetsuit, weights and weight belts for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student
- BCD, regulator, computer, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2019 UNDERWATER NAVIGATOR DIVER COURSE DATES:
**No classroom or pool sessions required**
2019 UNDERWATER NAVIGATOR OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
It is very easy to become disoriented and misdirected underneath the surface due to a lack of the directional landmarks we are accustom to on land. The PADI Underwater Navigator course will help eliminate those long surface swims back to your exit point and teach you skills you’ll use on every dive. Come join us, it’s educational and a lot of fun!