To become a PADI certified Divemaster, an individual must be prepared to assume responsibility and take a leadership role. The responsibility is considerable and the course is designed for only the serious diver. The rewards of being a Divemaster, however, in terms of personal satisfaction and achievement are unparalleled.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- 40 logged dives at start of course and a minimum of 60 logged dives upon completion
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
MODULE #1 - WATERMANSHIP AND SKILLS ASSESSMENT
This module is designed to assess and provide remedial training in general watermanship and diving skills. Diver rescue abilities will be assessed and reviewed and proficiency in dealing with stress - inducing problems developed. Swim and float tests will also be conducted and a high degree of physical stamina and diving skill is essential. During this phase of the training, you will also be taught the proper techniques used to demonstrate scuba skills for open water students.
MODULE #2 - DIVING KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT
This module is designed to increase your knowledge of the theory and principles of diving. Using the PADI Divemaster manual you will be required to read and study the text at your own pace, meet informally with the Instructor to discuss your readings, and complete a series written exams covering the various topics discussed in the manual. Instructor lectures will be scheduled for the following exams: Physics, Physiology, and Recreational Dive Planner.
MODULE #3 - PRACTICAL APPLICATION
This module involves training and experience in the supervisory aspect of being a Divemaster. This involves an internship during which the D/M candidate will serve as an Assistant to a PADI Instructor. The objectives are to gain familiarity with the diver-training process, develop an awareness of typical student problems, and learn how to supervise and control divers in general. The candidate must take part in classroom and confined water sessions and open water training sessions. The candidate must also conduct (under instructor supervision) either a Discover Snorkeling, Discover Local Diving or a Scuba Review program.
- Divemaster Crew Pack - $384.80
- Divemaster DVD - $44.60
- Diving Knowledge Workbook - $28.50
- Dive Roster Slates - $23.70
COURSE FEE: $400.00
- All classroom and pool sessions
- All open water sessions
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- All scuba gear including, BCD, regulators, gauges/computer, compass, knife, gloves, mask, fins, snorkel or booties for open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
- PADI Dive Master application fee (approx. $115.00 as of 1/1/2017) required to process your certification
2018 DIVEMASTER COURSE DATES: (6:00PM - 10:00PM)
|January 7th||April 8th||July 8th||October 7th|
|January 21st||April 22nd||July 22nd||October 21st|
|February 4th||August 5th||November 4th|
|February 18th||May 20th||August 19th||November 18th|
|March 4th||September 2nd||December 9th|
|March 18th||June 17th||September 16th||December 23rd|
2018 DIVEMASTER OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 7th & 8th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 21st & 22nd||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 11th & 12th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 25th & 26th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 5th & 6th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 27th & 28th||Homestead Crater, UT||October 6th & 7th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 9th & 10th||Aurora Reservoir||November 10th & 11th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 23rd & 24th||Aurora Reservoir||December 8th & 9th||Homestead Crater, UT|
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.