To become a PADI certified Divemaster, an individual must be prepared to assume responsibility and take a leadership role. The responsibility is considerable and the course is designed for only the serious diver. The rewards of being a Divemaster, however, in terms of personal satisfaction and achievement are unparalleled.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
- 40 logged dives at start of course and a minimum of 60 logged dives upon completion
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
MODULE #1 - WATERMANSHIP AND SKILLS ASSESSMENT
This module is designed to assess and provide remedial training in general watermanship and diving skills. Diver rescue abilities will be assessed and reviewed and proficiency in dealing with stress - inducing problems developed. Swim and float tests will also be conducted and a high degree of physical stamina and diving skill is essential. During this phase of the training, you will also be taught the proper techniques used to demonstrate scuba skills for open water students.
MODULE #2 - DIVING KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT
This module is designed to increase your knowledge of the theory and principles of diving. Using the PADI Divemaster manual you will be required to read and study the text at your own pace, meet informally with the Instructor to discuss your readings, and complete a series written exams covering the various topics discussed in the manual. Instructor lectures will be scheduled for the following exams: Physics, Physiology, and Recreational Dive Planner.
MODULE #3 - PRACTICAL APPLICATION
This module involves training and experience in the supervisory aspect of being a Divemaster. This involves an internship during which the DM candidate will serve as an Assistant to a PADI Instructor. The objectives are to gain familiarity with the diver-training process, develop an awareness of typical student problems, and learn how to supervise and control divers in general. The candidate must take part in classroom and confined water sessions and open water training sessions. The candidate must also conduct (under instructor supervision) either a Discover Snorkeling, Discover Local Diving or a Scuba Review program.
- Divemaster Crew Pack - $404.10
- Divemaster DVD - $46.80
- Diving Knowledge Workbook - $37.10
- Dive Roster Slates - $24.90
COURSE FEE: $400.00
- All classroom and pool sessions
- All open water sessions
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- All scuba gear including, BCD, regulators, gauges/computer, compass, knife, gloves, mask, fins, snorkel or booties for open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
- PADI Dive Master application fee (approx. $123.00 as of 1/1/2019) required to process your certification
2019 DIVEMASTER COURSE DATES: (5:00PM - 9:00PM)
|January 6th||April 7th||July 7th||October 6th|
|February 3rd||May 5th||August 4th||November 3rd|
|March 3rd||June 2nd||September 1st||December 1st|
2019 DIVEMASTER OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.