PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER TRAINER PREP COURSE
The PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating sets you apart as a dive instructor who takes continuing education seriously and is committed to teaching a variety of courses (potential employers like this). Being an MSDT signifies that you’ve got the experience and certifications to offer all the training a diver needs to become a Master Scuba Diver – the ultimate recreational diver rating. One reason that instructors don’t teach many specialties is that they don’t feel comfortable teaching them. By taking the MSDT Prep training course with a Course Director and understanding the practicalities of teaching them, you will feel confident and ready to pass on your knowledge and passion to your future students!
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Certified PADI OWSI (Open Water Scuba Instructor) Certification
The MSDT Prep course is a package of 5 Specialty Instructor training courses that can be taught during your IDC or right after becoming certified an Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). During the prep course, you will be taught the standards for each of the specialty courses you choose. The prep course helps you understand the various components and obtain hands-on experience of how to effectively teach the specialty; and get divers to come back for more! After you have received your Specialty Instructor teaching status, you will be able to teach the chossen specialties, in addition to the standard PADI courses.
Once you have certified at least 25 students in any PADI course (including these specialties), you will be able to submit your MSDT application. This rating is the next step up the professional ladder and is a prerequisite for IDC Staff Instructor.
- Specialty Course Instructor Guides
COURSE FEE: $550.00
- All classroom and pool sessions
- All open water sessions
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- All scuba gear including, BCD, regulators, gauges/computer, compass, knife, gloves, mask, fins, snorkel or booties for open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
- PADI Specialty Instructor application fees (approx. $72.00/each as of 1/1/2019) required to process your certifications
2019 MASTER SCUBA DIVER TRAINER PREP COURSE DATES:
All PADI Instructors who have certified at least 25 PADI Divers and have earned at least five PADI Specialty Instructor certifications, can be Master Scuba Diver Trainers. This rating is the next step up the professional ladder and is a prerequisite for IDC Staff Instructor as well as for many TecRec Instructor ratings.