PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
The PADI Advanced Open Water course is designed to improve your diving skills and give you added confidence in various diving conditions. Unlike the basic open water course, it stresses practical application rather than theory. This means only one classroom session, one pool session and five open water dives. This course is ideal for the diver who has just passed his/her open water course or for those certified divers who wish to further their diving experience.
- PADI Open Water Diver -or- Junior Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old
- Participant must complete a PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document
- If participant has a “yes” checked on their Diver’s Medical Questionnaire form, we must insist they consult a physician before participating in any scuba diving programs. They will need to have a doctor sign off on a Medical Statement Participant Record, clearing them to scuba dive. This form must be presented to Underwater Phantaseas on the day of their scheduled participation.
One classroom session to review the information in the PADI Advanced Open Water manual from the chapters listed below and discuss the upcoming open water dives.
- POOL SESSION
One workout in the pool to practice skills that will be used during the open water dives.
- OPEN WATER DIVES
Students are required to complete 5 open water dives over a minimum period of 2 days. Depending upon location and local dive conditions, your instructor will choose from the following group of dives:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search & Recovery
- Night (classroom only)
- Adventures in Diving manual w/ slate - $56.90
- Advanced DVD - $40.50
- High altitude dive tables - $8.95
- PADI certification processing fee - $43.60
COURSE FEE: $160.00
Referral Course (Class & Pool Only): $80.00
- All class and pool sessions
- 5 open water dives with a certified PADI instructor (not included in referral class)
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
- BCD, regulator, computer, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2018 ADVANCED COURSE DATES: (6:00PM - 10:00PM)
|January 2nd & 4th||May 1st & 3rd||September 4th & 6th|
|February 6th & 8th||June 5th & 7th||October 2nd & 4th|
|March 6th & 8th||July 3rd & 5th||November 6th & 8th|
|April 3rd & 5th||August 7th & 9th||December 4th & 6th|
2018 ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVES DATES:
|January 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 7th & 8th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 21st & 22nd||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 17th & 18th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 11th & 12th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 25th & 26th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 5th & 6th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 27th & 28th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 6th & 7th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 9th & 10th||Aurora Reservoir||November 10th & 11th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 23rd & 24th||Aurora Reservoir||December 8th & 9th||Homestead Crater, UT|
The Advanced Open Water course is a lot of fun and is a great way to build up your knowledge and confidence under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor. Sign up today and begin broadening your skills and capabilities as an Advanced Open Water diver.