PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
The PADI Advanced Open Water course is designed to improve your diving skills and give you added confidence in various diving conditions. Unlike the basic open water course, it stresses practical application rather than theory. This means only one classroom session, one pool session and five open water dives. This course is ideal for the diver who has just passed his/her open water course or for those certified divers who wish to further their diving experience.
- PADI Open Water Diver -or- Junior Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old
- Participant must complete a PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document
- If participant has a “yes” checked on their Diver’s Medical Questionnaire form, we must insist they consult a physician before participating in any scuba diving programs. They will need to have a doctor sign off on a Medical Statement Participant Record, clearing them to scuba dive. This form must be presented to Underwater Phantaseas on the day of their scheduled participation.
- ONLINE TRAINING
Online training or eLearning is known as the "knowledge development" portion of the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course. The online training consists of multiple sections, with a series of questions to be answered at the end of each section. It is designed so you can learn at your own pace and when it's convenient for you. Complete the academics online in preparation for your class & pool sessions.
- CLASS & POOL SESSIONS
During the classroom session, students review the information in the PADI Adventures in Diving online eLearning training (including sections listed below). Questions encountered during the online eLearning will be answered by the instructor, and a “quick review” quiz will be administered. In the pool, students practice skills that will be used during the open water dives.
- OPEN WATER DIVES
5 open water dives, over a minimum period of 2 days are required to complete the Advanced Open Water Certification. Depending upon location and local dive conditions, your instructor will choose from the following group of dives:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search & Recovery
- Night (classroom only)
- Adventures in Diving eLearning Certification Pak (includes PADI processing fee) - $173.00
- Data Carrier Slate - $16.10
- High altitude dive tables - $8.95
COURSE FEE: $160.00
Referral Course (Class & Pool Only): $80.00
- All class and pool sessions
- 5 open water dives with a certified PADI instructor (not included in referral class)
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
- BCD, regulator, computer, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2019 ADVANCED COURSE DATES: (6:00PM - 9:00PM)
|January 8th & 10th||May 7th & 8th||September 3rd & 5th|
|February 5th & 7th||June 4th & 6th||October 8th & 10th|
|March 5th & 7th||July 1st & 3rd||November 5th & 7th|
|April 2nd & 4th||August 6th & 8th||December 3rd & 5th|
2019 ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
The Advanced Open Water course is a lot of fun and is a great way to build up your knowledge and confidence under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor. Sign up today and begin broadening your skills and capabilities as an Advanced Open Water diver.