PADI DISCOVER SCUBA
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it. While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in confined water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
- Participants must be 10 years of age or older
- Participant must complete a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Release
- If participant has a “yes” checked on their Diver’s Medical Questionnaire form, we must insist they consult a physician before participating in any scuba diving programs. They will need to have a doctor sign off on a Medical Statement Participant Record, clearing them to scuba dive. This form must be presented to Underwater Phantaseas on the day of their scheduled participation.
The course is approximately 2 hours long including a short orientation in the classroom followed by a pool scuba diving experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive
- Have fun swimming around and exploring
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course
COURSE FEE: $20.00
- 2 hour course with PADI Instructor
- All equipment necessary
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
2019 DISCOVER SCUBA COURSE DATES: (4:00PM to 6:00PM)
|January 5th||April 6th||July 6th||October 5th|
|January 19th||April 27th||July 20th||October 19th|
|February 9th||May 4th||August 3rd||November 2nd|
|February 23rd||May 18th||August 17th||November 16th|
|March 9th||June 1st||September 7th||December 7th|
|March 23rd||June 15th||September 21st||December 21st|
If you've been curious about whether of not you'd like scuba diving, this is a great way to try it in the safety of our heated, indoor pool!