PADI DISCOVER SCUBA
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it. While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in confined water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
- Participants must be 10 years of age or older
- Participant must complete a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Release
- If participant has a “yes” checked on their Diver’s Medical Questionnaire form, we must insist they consult a physician before participating in any scuba diving programs. They will need to have a doctor sign off on a Medical Statement Participant Record, clearing them to scuba dive. This form must be presented to Underwater Phantaseas on the day of their scheduled participation.
The course is approximately 2 hours long including a short orientation in the classroom followed by a pool scuba diving experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. Get read to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive
- Have fun swimming around and exploring
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course
- Two hour course with PADI Instructor
- All equipment necessary
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
COURSE FEE: $20.00
2018 DISCOVER SCUBA COURSE DATES: (3:30PM to 5:30PM)
|January 13th||April 14th||July 14th||October 13th|
|January 27th||April 28th||July 28th||October N/A|
|February 10th||May 12th||August 11th||November 10th|
|February 24th||May 26th||August 25th||November 24th|
|March 10th||June 9th||September 8th||December 8th|
|March 24th||June 23rd||September 22nd||December 22nd|
If you've been curious about whether of not you'd like scuba diving, this is a great way to try it in the safety of our heated, indoor pool!