PADI RESCUE DIVER
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
- Adults with PADI Advanced Certification -or- Adventure Certified Divers who have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive
- PADI Junior Advanced Certification -or- Junior Adventure Certified Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive
- PADI Emergency First Response -or- proof of qualifying and current CPR/First Aid certification
- Participant must complete a PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document
- If participant has a “yes” checked on their Diver’s Medical Questionnaire form, we must insist they consult a physician before participating in any scuba diving programs. They will need to have a doctor sign off on a Medical Statement Participant Record, clearing them to scuba dive. This form must be presented to Underwater Phantaseas on the day of their scheduled participation.
- ONLINE TRAINING
Online training or eLearning is known as the "knowledge development" portion of the PADI Rescue Diver Course. The online training consists of multiple sections, with a series of questions to be answered at the end of each section. It is designed so you can learn at your own pace and when it's convenient for you. Complete the academics online in preparation for your class & pool sessions.
- CLASS & POOL SESSIONS
During the classroom session, students review the information in the PADI Rescue Diver online eLearning training. Questions encountered during the online eLearning will be answered by the instructor, and a “quick review” quiz will be administered. In the pool, students practice skills that will be used during the open water dives.
- OPEN WATER DIVES
10 open water exercises and 2 scenarios, over a minimum period of 2 days are required to complete the Rescue Diver Certification.
OPEN WATER EXERCISES
- Response to a tired diver
- Panicked diver at the surface
- Distressed diver under water
- Search for a missing diver
- Surfacing an unconscious diver
- Response to a conscious victim via shore or boat
- Response to an unconscious diver
- Egress with an unconscious diver
- First aid for pressure-related accidents
- Response to an unconscious victim via shore or boat
SCENARIO #1 - MISSING DIVER
Organize and conduct a quick, effective search (both surface and underwater for a missing diver)
SCENARIO #2 - DIVING ACCIDENT
Working in a coordinated, organized manner, effectively handle all phases of a diving accident, including locating, surfacing and transporting an unconscious diver to first aid procedures, control and summoning medical assistance.
- Rescue Diver eLearning - Touch (includes PADI proscessing fee) - $184.00
- Rescue Diver eLearning Crew-Pak W/Pocket Mask - $65.40
COURSE FEE: $175.00
- All class and pool sessions
- Two days of open water training with a certified PADI Instructor
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- 10% discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student (course materials, sale items, and equipment rentals are excluded)
- BCD, regulator, computer, etc. for the open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
2019 RESCUE COURSE DATES: (6:00PM - 9:00PM)
|January 15th & 17th||May 14th & 16th||September 17th & 19th|
|February 19th & 21st||June 18th & 20th||October 15th & 17th|
|March 19th & 21st||July 16th & 18th||November 12th & 14th|
|April 16th & 18th||August 13th & 15th||December 17th & 19th|
2019 RESCUE OPEN WATER DIVE DATES:
|January 19th & 20th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 13th & 14th||Aurora Reservoir|
|February 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||July 27th & 28th||Aurora Reservoir|
|March 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 10th & 11th||Aurora Reservoir|
|April 13th & 14th||Homestead Crater, UT||August 24th & 25th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 4th & 5th||Homestead Crater, UT||September 14th & 15th||Aurora Reservoir|
|May 26th & 27th (Sun/Mon)||Homestead Crater, UT||October 12th & 13th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 8th & 9th||Aurora Reservoir||November 16th & 17th||Homestead Crater, UT|
|June 22nd & 23rd||Aurora Reservoir||December 14th & 15th||Homestead Crater, UT|
The best buddy one can ever have is a self-reliant diver who not only can manage themselves, but can assist other people in difficult circumstances. The skills learned in the PADI Rescue Diver Course will expand your knowledge of diving, increase your level of diving skills and make you more aware of what is happening around you in the diving environment.