PADI OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Certified PADI Assistant Instructor & EFR Instructor
- 100 logged dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 12 months
- Submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Submit proof of certification, within the last 24 months, in CPR & First Aid training
- Submit proof of entry level, advanced, and rescue certifications issued by alt. agency
- Must complete the appropriate PADI eLearning program for AI and IDC candidates
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification.
The IDC is composed of 10 staff presentations and 5 candidate presentations (2 classroom, 2 confined water, and 1 open water). There will also be time allotted to evaluate your watermanship skills, rescue techniques, and advanced diving ability. Once you have completed the OWSI you will be ready to attend the IE. The IE is a two day examination which includes: written examinations, teaching presentations in the classroom, confined water and open water, skill evaluation and rescue evaluation. It is administered by an examiner from PADI headquarters and is a pass/fail program.
- Instructor Crew Pack: $1045.70
- PADI Backpacks
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching
- The Law and Diving Professional Manual
- Business of Diving DVD
- Specialty Course Manual and DVD
- Confined Water Q-cards
- Open Water Q-cards
- Confined Water Lesson Prep Slate
- Open Water Lesson Prep Slate
- Adventure in Diving Instructor Slates
- Rescue Diver Instructor Slates
- Open Water Exam Book
- Rescue Diver Exam Book
- Instructor Development Course eLearning - approx. $402.00 (as of 1/1/2019)
COURSE FEE: $650.00*
*Course fee applies to Instructor Development Course only, you must also take the EFR Instructor Course ($300.00), as well as Assistant Instructor ($550.00), to become an Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- All classroom and pool sessions
- All open water sessions
- Tanks, weights and wetsuit for open water dives
- All scuba gear including, BCD, regulators, gauges/computer, compass, knife, gloves, mask, fins, snorkel or booties for open water dives (but may be rented)
- Transportation, meals and accommodations for the open water dives
- Entry fees for open water dive locations
- PADI OWSI application fee (approx. $190.00 as of 1/1/2019) required to process your certification
- PADI Instructor Exam (I.E.) fee (approx. $700.00 as of 1/1/2019)
2020 INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE DATES:
2020 DENVER INSTRUCTOR EXAM (I.E.) DATES:
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs? Then Go PRO with an Instructor Development Course!